Minutes posted April 18, 2006
Tangletown Neighborhood Association
Regular Meeting, Monday, April 17, 2006
1. Call to Order. 7.00pm. Introductions
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Agenda. President’s Day reference removed. Approved.
4. Approval of Minutes. Approved.
5. Treasurer’s Report. Deferred until Supat’s arrival.
6. City Council Report – Councilman Benson or John Dybvig. Not present.
7. NRP Meeting. President met with Dorothy Titus regarding NRP coordinator position. Dorothy addressed the Board re her experience with NRP in the Jordan neighborhood. Has worked on the NRP plan approval for Jordan. Has worked to bring several neighborhoods and other organizations together. Dorothy has an MBA and is currently working as an accountant. Currently serves on the NRP citywide Policy Board.
8. NRP Check Book Update. President reported that NRP accounts have been transferred to a new account, with the President and Treasurer of TNA as signatories.
9. 4th of July Discussion. Laura Silver reported on the planning meeting held on April 10th last. Only two people attended. The Board should review the scope of activities and see how they relate to the volunteer effort expended. Ron Feldman will join the planning effort. The next planning meeting will be held Monday, May 1st, 7 p.m. at Caribou Coffee, 46th and Nicollet.
10. Garage Sale. Supat reports that there are 36 signed up. A few late signups are coming in today. Ad has gone in the Southwest Journal and an ad may go in the Star Tribune a few days before the sale if it is affordable.
11. Lyndale Avenue: A Vision http://www.co.hennepin.mn.us/vgn/portal/internet/hcdetailmaster/0,2300,1273_83388_123394752,00.html Plan has been adopted. Web site gives details.
12. Lyndale Bridge Replacement. Bridge on Nicollet will be replaced in the next few years. Tom Balcom updated the Board members on the historical significance of the bridge. A number of agencies are involved, such as the City, County, Park Board and LASR-CC group.
13. Open Matters – Board Members. President moved that Hiring Committee (Steve Edwards, Mary Davidson and Andrew Hedden) be given authority to hire a new NRP staff member. Moved, seconded, approved.
14. Open Matters – Members of Tangletown. Darlene Cleaners have closed in the neighborhood. A new restaurant is still to open at 46th and Grand.
15. Upcoming Events. Garage Sale will take place May 5th and 6th.
16. Adjournment. 7.58 p.m.
Attended (Board): Catalina Chadbourn, Steve Edwards, Ron Feldman, Norman Foster, Andrew Hedden, Doug Jondle, Laura Silver, Joe Thiegs, Peter Timmons, Supat Tipayamongkol, Lynell Voigt.
Also attended: Kevin Lian-Anderson, Ryan Fisher and Alison Regan, David McKay, Dorothy Titus, Ann Tuck, Amanda Hane.