Tangletown Neighborhood Association
Regular Meeting, Monday, May 15, 2006
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Agenda—approved.
4. Approval of Minutes—approved.
5. Treasurer’s Report –Supat reported on recent events. Garage sale had 39 sales. Newsletter generated $462 in voluntary dues.
6. City Council Report—none.
7. Introduction on new NRP Coordinator. Tom Balcom will be the new NRP coordinator. The search committee interviewed several candidates and selected Tom Balcom. He will be starting around June 1st.
8. NRP check book update—all funds have been transferred to the new account.
9. Reimbursement of Steve Edwards for payment to Pamela Taylor of $376.06. Moved that the Chair be reimbursed for interim payment. Seconded. Approved.
10. Garage sale follow-up. Event went well. One seller suggested that next year we should make sure sellers know how to get maps for visitors. Next year we should ask for emails of sellers to make sure the maps can get distributed.
11. 4th of July update. Laura Silver reported that a planning meeting took place since last Board meeting. Current plan is to have Parade (10.30am from Washburn), band, hot dogs, games and balloons. No pot luck or raffle is planned at present. Another planning meeting will take place right after this Board meeting.
12. Open Matters—members of Tangletown.
13. Election of New Members Existing Board members interested in being re-elected: Joe Thiegs, Mary Davidson, Jerry Doyle, Norman Foster, Laura Silver, Andrew Hedden, Steve Edwards, Supat Tipayamongkol Existing Board members not interested in being re-elected: Peter Timmons, Ron Feldman, Catalina, Lynette Voigt New members: Meredith Johnson, Sarah Cortright, Ryan Fisher Moved and seconded that the eight returning members and three new members be elected. Approved.
14. Election of New Officers Supat Tipayamongkol will continue as Treasurer. Andrew Hedden, outgoing Vice President, will be President for 2006-07. TNA will be looking for a new Secretary and Vice President, as well as someone to assist with Treasurer duties as Supat will be stepping down some time during the year.
15. Upcoming Events—Walking Tour of Tangletown, July 22, 1pm, from Washburn Library.
4th of July meeting to follow