Tangletown Neighborhood Association
Regular Meeting, Monday, July 17, 2006
1. Call to Order. 7.00pm
2. Approval of Agenda. NRP report item added. Approved.
3. Approval of Minutes. Posted at http://www.tangletown.org Moved and approved.
4. Treasurer’s Report. July 4th event had revenue of $1,758. Expenses are still being finalized.
5. NRP Report, Tom Balcom. All administrative contracts have been put in place. Phase 1 NRP was completed a few years ago. The City is now in the process of undertaking Phase 2 NRP. There should be about six meetings to develop a Phase 2 plan for Tangletown. The budget is about $330,000 for Tangletown for Phase 2 and 70% must be committed on housing by city policy. Tom is looking to get an NRP Steering committee in place within a month, of maybe 5 to 10 people. It would be good to have someone with housing expertise. There was a survey done last year that will be used to help shape possible ideas. Mary Davidson volunteered to act as liason between the Board and the NRP Steering Committee. The first meeting is likely to be the week before the next Board meeting on August 21st.
6. City Council Report – Councilman Benson or John Dybvig. Not present
7. 4th of July Report. Laura Silver reported on the very successful event held on the holiday at Fuller Park. Expenses are being finalized but should be within the budgeted $900. Laura will do an article for the newsletter on the event.
8. Open Matters – Board Members. Home Tour will be on September 17th, 1 to 5pm. Three of five homes are confirmed. Anyone who has any ideas for homes should email to firstname.lastname@example.org Volunteers will be needed to help on the day. Tangletown Newsletter; possible items: July 4th Event; Home Tour; NRP; Fund raising; Banjo Bags? National Night Out? Block parties. LASR CC—Liz Walton?
9. Open Matters – Members of Tangletown
10. Upcoming Events.
11. Adjournment. Motion to adjourn at 7.31pm
Sarah Cortright, Mary Davidson, Steve Edwards, Ryan Fisher, Norman Foster, Andrew Hedden, Meredith Johnson, Laura Silver, Joe Thiegs, Supat Tipayamongkol. NRP Staff: Tom Balcom.
Not present: Jerry Doyle
Sarah Cortright, Mary Davidson, Jerry Doyle, Steve Edwards, Ryan Fisher, Norman Foster, Andrew Hedden, Meredith Johnson, Laura Silver, Joe Thiegs, Supat Tipayamongkol. NRP Staff: Tom Balcom.