Tangletown Neighborhood Association
Regular Meeting, Monday June16, 2008
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM.
2. The agenda was approved.
3. Peg Mountin presented an update on NRP, Phase II. Our first step is to get an implementation committee of 4-5 volunteers to work with Tom Balcom. If anyone in the neighborhood is interested in serving on the committee, please contact Tom or the Board.
The committee needs to develop our loan policy (i.e., what will be the terms of the loans from our NRP moneys for houses and businesses). Peg says that we had a great financial policy in the past. We need to find it.
Peg advised that we need to keep good records and file an annual return with the IRS to keep our 501 (3)(c) statues. We should have a contract file, maintained by the secretary.
National Night Out and the July 4th picnic are good opportunities to get volunteers. Sarah will ask Tom to have information at his table at the picnic (He will have the Water Tower lego structure at the park.).
Peg had many good suggestions, including partnering with the Park Board, the schools, and others in the community on projects.
There is a trainer on the NRP staff, Robert Thompson.
4. Plans for the 4th of July are well underway. Ryan is coordinating the party this year. Although the flyer doesn’t say so, there will be a potluck and a raffle again this year. Board members are soliciting donations from local businesses for the raffle.
5. Board Elections. President: Ryan Fisher; Vice-President: Mary Jane Mitchell, Secretary: Mary Davidson; Treasurer: Jerry Doyle; Communications/Website: Curt Killett.
6. Jerry reported that we have $8090.98 in the treasury; however, there are some outstanding bills.
7. The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 PM.
Absent: Woody Dixon, Meredith Johnson, Chris Burns.