Tangletown Neighborhood Association
Regular Board Meeting, January 19, 2009
1. President Ryan Fisher called the meeting to order at 7:05 PM.
2. The Agenda was approved as modified.
3. The November minutes were approved.
4. Jean White, Coordinator of Washburn Community Education, spoke to the board about the self-defense program. She asked for our help in funding it. The Board approved allocating $250.00 to the Washburn Self-Defense Workshop for Women and Girls.
5. NRP update. Kristin Rigg, a member of the NRP implementation committee, updated the Board on the work of the committee. She provided the Board with an overview of the Housing Loan Program. Any modifications of the proposal will be provided to the Board by email during the month so that a vote can be taken at the February meeting. Norman will put an article about the loan program in the next newsletter.
6. The Board was provided with copies of the Neighborhood Policing Plan for Tangletown. Strategy includes: Disseminating information on what to do in case of theft, including cancellation of documents to prevent identity theft; reminding neighbors to lock their doors and keep their garages closed; assisting law enforcement by gathering and forwarding information regarding mobile drug dealing to the Crime Prevention Specialist, Amy Lavender, 612-673-5407.
7. Treasurer’s report. Jerry reported that there is $7459.47 in the Tangletown account. There is a discrepancy in the NRP account, and Jerry is working with NRP to get that cleared up.
8. The Community Engagement Commission asked Tangletown to support its wish to work with NRP to select membership. The Board voted against support. There is a meeting on Feb. 21, 2009 to select members for the commission. Mary Davidson agreed to attend this meeting.
9. The Board had a general discussion about how to increase Board membership and neighborhood participation. The garage sale will again be the first weekend in May. Mary Jane Mitchell has agreed to co-ordinate again this year.
10. The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.
Mary Davidson, secretary
All members were present.