2009 February 16th Board Meeting Minutes

Tangletown Neighborhood Association
Regular Meeting, Monday, February 16, 2009

7:00 P.M. Fuller Park

1. Call to Order

2. Approval of Agenda. Moved and approved

3. Approval of January meeting minutes. Posted on the website. Moved and approved.

4. Neighborhood Revitalization Program update
Final review of NRP Housing Loan Program document.
$400 loan fee must be paid out of NRP funds else we cannot qualify for low interest rates based on Federal lending laws.
Some board members were not impressed with the marketing materials that CEE had produced for other neighborhood programs thinking it might get thrown out with junk mail. Suggestions included making the logo larger, make it more eye-catching, and perhaps work with a graphic designer to produce a more polished mailing.
Targeted mailing was suggested to go out in envelope letter mailing.
Board voted to approve the final version of the document (with minor grammatical updates). Document is approved with all board members present in favor.

5. Treasurer Update and Getting TNA Books in Order Revisited
Jerry Doyle and Ryan Fisher met with NRP representative Peg Mountin to discuss TNA accounting practices and unaccounted for expenses. The city is missing accounting records dating back to 2004. We are in the process of searching for receipts and expenses to bring both of our ledgers up to date.
We found that we have access to much more funds to be used toward noon-food non-fun programming.
Forms and guidelines have been located that had been used in previous years for record keeping which will be used now into the future.
Financial accounting procedures will be better documented for future use.
Jerry did not have account balances available at the time of the meeting, but will email those to the Board.

6. Newsletter
Articles for the next newsletter must be in to Norman by the next Board meeting, March 16, to be mailed March 23.
Mary Jane will write an article regarding the Garage Sale May 1 and 2.
Meredith will write an article regarding the Home Tour house solicitation and volunteer request.
Ryan will write an article regarding 4th of July volunteer opportunities.
Ryan will write an article regarding the May 18 annual meeting.
Ryan will contact Washburn staff, police liaison, and Councilmember Benson’s office for newsletter submissions.
Sarah will contact Creekside Commons for updates on their housing project.

It was recommended that we consider creating an event to held at Fuller Park or elsewhere in the neighborhood for the afternoon of May 2 to coincide with the garage sale event. Unsold items could be brought in for donation to ARC, Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc, and we could make this a social event for the neighborhood. This will be brought for discussion over email.

Jerry spoke with Ron Lischeid who we’ve worked with in years past for our 4th of July event serving hot dogs. Ron is wondering if we’d be interested in working with him again this summer, which we agreed that we would be. Ron is offering extended sales to bring in a corn roaster, soda, and bottled water. The Board felt it would be a good idea to consider expanding food offerings.

7. Bylaw Discussion
Not enough Board members present to make decisions on Bylaw updates. Next meeting we will approve the final version of the Bylaws as they currently stand in order to have them in place ahead of the annual meeting.

8. Increasing TNA Board Membership/Neighborhood Participation
Tabled

9. Adjournment

2008 – 2009 Board
Present: Ryan Fisher, Mary Jane Mitchell, Jerry Doyle, Meredith Johnson
Not Present: Sarah Cortright, Mary Davidson, Chris Burns, Woodie Dixon