Tangletown Neighborhood Association
Regular Board Meeting, June 15, 2009
1. President Ryan Fisher called the meeting to order at 7:10 PM.
2. The agenda was approved as amended (to include the home tour).
3. The minutes for the May meeting were approved.
4. Home tour: Sarah Cortwright reminded the Board that the tour is September 20th, and homes are needed for the tour. She asked Board members to contact her with possible homes, and she will follow up.
5. The Board approved funding another self-defense class at Washburn scheduled for October.
6. We need an editor for the website and newsletter. The Board discussed the possibility of having a “team” of several people to do these tasks. Sarah will check on outsourcing the layout of the newsletter.
7. We have had several requests to out advertising in the newsletter. If we accept paid advertising, we can’t use NRP funds for the newsletter. Sarah and Mary Jane will check with other neighborhoods about advertising.
8. Tom reported that there have been 15-20 applications for NRP loans. If they are approved, we will probably use all the funds so allocated. Once they are paid back, we can re-loan them or use them for other purposes.
9. July 4th. We have had requests from neighborhood businesses to participate. Perhaps this is a place for the Richfield Swim Club. Ryan will be in charge of organizing. Lynell will organize the raffle donation team. Mary Jane will share the letter she used last year.
10. Ellections. Ryan Fisher, president; Mary Jane Mitchell, vice-president; Bruce Bruemmer, secretary; and Mary Davidson, treasurer.
11. There was no treasurer’s report.
12. Carole provided an update on Fuller Park activities. The Ice Cream Social was a big success. She will get volunteers to run the games for the 4th. The Bloodmobile will be at the park on July 11th. One can sign up online or at the park. A number of parks are showing outdoor movies this summer. Carole has schedules at the park desk.
13. The meeting was adjourned at 8:50 PM.
Mary L. Davidson, Secretary
Members absent: Woody Dixon, Jerry Doyle, Steve Bieringer, Mark Haugen