Tangletown Neighborhood Association (TNA) in Southwest Minneapolis is currently recruiting to hire a Coordinator!
This is a developing role for the Tangletown neighborhood, and the hope is to fill the position with an experienced staff person to aid in future development of the role. Familiarity with neighborhood organizing, Minneapolis Neighborhood Revitalization Program contracting and initiatives, as well as skills working with a volunteer-based organization are preferred.
Qualified candidates will be assisting with or leading the following neighborhood initiatives:
- Initiate contracts for NRP communications funding
- Organize volunteers and efforts to move forward with other NRP Phase II initiatives
- Organize financial records from archives and help develop a concise record-keeping strategy for the future
- Document the recurring processes of the neighborhood
- Manage and communicate via electronic mailing lists
- Maintain neighborhood website as well as Facebook group
- Coordinate area block leaders and block initiatives
- Be a proxy to the area business association, Nicollet East Harriet Business Association
This approved contract position is for an initial 6-month period, and is anticipated to be extended at the completion of the appointment. Hours will vary from 5 to 10 per week, not to exceed 300 hours for the initial 6 months. Pay will be dependent on qualifications.
For more information or to apply for the position, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-321-8621.