The Tangletown Neighborhood Association (TNA) seeks a Neighborhood Coordinator to provide staff support for its community engagement initiatives, outreach activities and events, and administrative duties under the direction of the TNA board. The ideal candidate will have a working understanding of Minneapolis city government; experience with community engagement, volunteer and event coordination; strong organizational skills; and the ability to build partnerships with city departments, other neighborhoods, and local schools. The Coordinator will also be responsible for administering all aspects TNA communications (mailings, electronic, and door-to-door) and coordinating with the TNA board to promote the organization’s initiatives.
Duties may include:
• Attend monthly TNA meetings.
• Report to and communicate with single point of contact on TNA Board and submit bi-weekly report.
• Maintain and expand tangletown.org website as directed.
• Coordinate newsletter creation and draft content as directed.
• Organize, facilitate, & coordinate TNA submission for neighborhood utility box wrap project. Using arts committee chair to curate the submitted artwork.
• Expand and distribute TNA eNewsletter and other social media communications.
• Develop annual calendar of board actions and activities that outlines decision making timelines for successful event & activities. Assist in scheduling meetings to meet the outlined deadlines.
• Manage partnerships with the City of Minneapolis, other neighborhoods and neighborhood schools as directed.
• Produce, manage, and submit reports, grants and contracts.
• Coordinate volunteer efforts for various TNA events (4th of July, home/ garden tour, and other special events including board members.
• Attend relevant meetings to represent TNA and its initiatives as directed.
• Advanced written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong organizational skills to manage and coordinate all aspects of responsibilities.
• Ability to understand and assist in managing TNA spending as requested and government funding.
• Ability and willingness to travel locally.
• Familiarity of basic web design and major social media platforms.
This is a part-time, flexible, contract position at approximately 10 hours per week at $25/hour. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “TNA Coordinator Position” in the subject line by December 12th, 2014.