The playground park was named for Margaret Fuller School built in 1896, which occupied the site until 1974. The name Fuller Park was officially adopted November 3, 1976. Fuller was an American writer and women’s rights activist in the mid-1800s. She was the first female book reviewer, foreign correspondent and editor of the New York Tribune. Her book, Woman in the Nineteenth Century, published in 1845, is considered the first major feminist book in the United States.
The park was recently renovated and new playground equipment was installed in 2015. Along with a basketball court and wading pool, Fuller Park has a number of community education programs available all year round in our neighborhood recreation center.