Tangletown Neighborhood Association is excited to team up with the City of Minneapolis and Hennepin County to promote Organics Recycling! Organics Recycling is:
- Easy (check out the tips at the bottom of this page)
- Turns food waste into reusable compost
Whether you’re brand new to organics recycling or looking to increase your use, now is the time to get involved. For a limited time only, we’re offering FREE incentives to Tangletown residents who either sign up for a green cart or commit to increase their use. Don’t miss your chance to get a free countertop organics bin (limited to the first 60 households) and 20 free compostable bags. We’re also offering free in-home consults by our Master Recycler who can help you get set up for success (limited to the first 10 sign ups). And finally, consider attending an upcoming event including our Let’s Talk Organics Recycling Brunch on December 7. See below for more information:
Let’s Talk Organics Recycling Brunch & Workshop: Saturday December 7, 10:00am at Metropolis Design 612 W 53rd St. If you’ve been looking to start Organics Recycling or curious how you could do more, this workshop is for you! Our Master Recycler and Neighborhood Environmental Guru Andrea Siegel will be leading this workshop and sharing all her tips and tricks. The first 15 people to register will receive a free freezer compost bin (one of our favorite home set up tools!). Register here.
New to Organics Recycling?
This short video is a great introduction for newbies:
Ready to sign up?
Click on this link which will redirect you to the city website to sign up for a green cart. You can also call 311. Once you get your confirmation email, please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org so you can get your free countertop bin and compostable bags. You can also call us at 612-564-3445.
Ready to increase your use?
We’re asking Tangletown residents who already have a green cart to commit to increase their use by:
- Collecting all compostable materials in their kitchen for organics recycling + learning how to waste less food at savethefood.com
- Beginning to collect organics in the bathroom including items like cotton balls and facial tissues
- Attending the Let’s Talk Organics Recycling Brunch on December 7
- Signing up for an organics recycling expert consult in their home (Limited to first 10 homes that sign up. Invite neighbors over!)
Let us know what you are committing to by filling out this form. After we receive the form, we’ll get in touch with you so you can get your free countertop bin and compostable bags.
Looking for More Information?
Check out this great list of helpful tools and resources so you can find success with Organics Recycling:
- Yes/No List (a detailed list of what materials are accepted)
- Home Setup examples (photos from Tangletown homes)
- FREE stickers for your bins
- Drop-off sites (Pearl & Kingfield parks are our closest)
- Minneapolis Solid Waste & Recycling (lots of good info)
- SET/The Mulch Store (our commercial composting site and where you can buy your compost if interested!)
- Hennepin County Organics Recycling resources
- Compostable Product Buying Guide (for the Tangletown area)
- BPI Certified Compostable Products (search any brand or type of item)
- Presentation by Kellie Kish (Mpls. Recycling Coordinator)
- Presentation by Anne Ludvik (Director at SET, our commercial composting facility)