Tangletown and Lynnhurst have teamed up to support the City’s Organics Recycling Program.
- Yes/No List (what materials are accepted)
- Home Setup examples (photos from Tangletown homes)
- FREE stickers for your bins
- Drop-off sites (Pearl & Kingfield parks are our closest)
- Minneapolis Solid Waste & Recycling (lots of good info)
- SET/The Mulch Store (our commercial composting site)
- Hennepin County Organics Recycling resources
- Lynnhurst Neighborhood (our Organics education partner)
- Compostable Product Buying Guide (for the Tangletown area)
- BPI Certified Compostable Products (search any brand or type of item)
HOST A LAWN SIGN
Tangletown residents, Show your support of the new Organics Recycling program. Proudly HOST A LAWN SIGN to show your household’s commitment to keeping compostable materials out of the waste stream and in the compost pile where they belong.
At the beginning of 2016 Tangletown was at about 40% participation. We want to increase that % and the more signs, the more likely people are to think about signing up.
Pick up your FREE lawn sign at Fuller Park Rec Center or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have one delivered to your home. Funded by the Tangletown Neighborhood Association.
Our neighborhood has trained Organics Captains to help residents participate in the City’s Organics Recycling program. If you have questions about Organics Recycling, (whether to start, how to make it work in your home, what items can be put in your green cart), they likely have answers or ideas to share. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your nearby Organics Captain, they’ll be glad you did.
Organized by Tangletown and Lynnhurst Neighborhood Associations.
Organics Captains: Submit your reporting forms HERE
The City has published the spring cart delivery schedule. If you requested your cart by Feb 1, 2016 it will be delivered this spring. CLICK HERE to find out when you’re Organics Recycling cart will arrive. If you haven’t requested your cart yet, request it now to be included in the July/August delivery.
The March 19th Tangletown-Lynnhurst Organics Recycling Kick-off Event was a great success. Thank you to the hundreds of people who came to learn and celebrate the spring roll-out.
If you couldn’t make it, don’t worry. You still have plenty of opportunity to learn and show your support. Host a lawn sign, become an Organics Captain and, if you haven’t already, be sure to request a cart.